2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2019 12:42 PM by michael.obermaier@aurea.com

Editing the same information by multiple users - the "last" save overwrites all concurrent modifications

bjn

Some of our users use the CRM as workflow planner.

Although the CRMweb has "edit", "save" and "cancel" buttons on the expand masks, the "edit" button does not actually "lock" the information for other users and releases it on "save" or "cancel" (what we expected?).

In contrast, the concurrent edits are "quietly" dropped (no message popup or visually anything else) - except for the last users "save" command.

This is currently a big problem (in any CRM related area) and our enhancement request is still (since Feb2019) OnHold: CRM-64127

Are there any plans on this issue as I can not track the internal progress?

• Re: Editing the same information by multiple users - the "last" save overwrites all concurrent modifications
          mael.forner@aurea.com

Dear Bjn,

Thank you very much for your follow up and I'm sorry for any inconvenience you are experiencing.

If this Enhancement is critical for your business in the short term, I can recommend that you contact our Professional Services team through your Account Executive. They should be able to propose a solution to your needs. 

As you are probably aware, currently, our product development energies are focused on CRM.Client and Next-Gen. During this time, the Enhancement/Product Requests can bee handled through our Professional Services team as mentioned above.

Overall, we believe this delineation will produce the best overall solutions for all. With my thanks for your understanding.

Best regards.

• Re: Editing the same information by multiple users - the "last" save overwrites all concurrent modifications
            michael.obermaier@aurea.com

Dear bjn,

concurrent edits are not quietly dropped but saved in the proper sequence and can be reviewed in the record's history so any user with access can clearly see which fields have been changed when and by whom.

In general, edits on a record are saved on a per-field basis. So, parallel editing does not have an impact on the work of other users. However, in the unlikely event that two users are editing the same field on the same record at the same time the changes will be saved as described above and made transparent accordingly.