Hi Grace, I set up a Widgetized home page and tried those steps and it worked fine for me. Here's what I did:
- Opened a widgetized home page
- Added a Formatted Text widget
- From the menu, inserted a picture from my desktop
- On the image, I selected the link icon and set the URL to be https://www.yahoo.com
- I saved the widget and published the page
When I viewed what I just published, I could see my image, and when I clicked on it, it linked me to https://www.yahoo.com as expected.
If the image is large, you can always drag it and make it smaller when editing the widget.
Can you share the URL here there you were trying to redirect to?
I should have asked this first too ... are you on Jive Cloud, Jive Hosted or Jive on-premises?