Jive for Office brings social business capabilities of Jive directly into Microsoft Office applications. The Jive for Office add-on, allows you to continue using the Microsoft Office applications to create documents and have them saved to Jive, where they can be shared with other users for editing (including simultaneous co-editing) and commenting.
This new release replaces the older version of Jive for Office. Please upgrade to this new version for continued support.
Jive for Office makes it simple to:
- Drive collaboration and transparency by easily publishing Office content created on users' desktops into Jive.
- Unlock content by making it easy to find the best files created by others, right from inside Office by browsing, searching, and seeing related files.
- Improve team productivity by eliminating time-consuming review cycles and multiple rounds of feedback by allowing multiple authors and contributors to make comments and changes on a document simultaneously from either their desktop or their browsers.
- Eliminate confusion by maintaining a single synchronized version of a document to ensure that everyone is working from the same content, even when multiple authors are making edits to the content in parallel.
- Speed review processes by attaching a unique URL to all documents when they are saved. This means the document can be accessed simultaneously by multiple users with appropriate access—eliminating the need to integrate the multiple generations of comments spawned by email.
- Speed adoption of social business software by enabling users to engage with the Jive environment with familiar Microsoft Office tools.
- Collaboratively edit documents in Office applications - merge changes, view and respond to comments, view document information
- Pinpoint changes to a document, accept or reject the changes, and publish the newest version seamlessly
What's new in Jive for Office 3.0
The new Jive for Office v3 for Jive Cloud: Our continued investment in integration across the Microsoft suite comes to fruition with a set of updates geared toward more seamless interaction and increased productivity across systems and workflows. We completely redesigned Jive for Office in the Summer Release. In our Fall Release, we're adding new functionality that will enable you to track actions and outcomes on your documents.
Structured Outcomes in Office
Are you are working on revisions of an RFP and want to denote the copy as the Final one for all to use? Are you looking for someone to take an Action on a document?
Now you can do all this directly from MS Office on the document itself including the comments. You can take actions on a document directly from Office, marking it as Final, Official, Outdated, and more, mark actions and outcomes on specific comments, and pulling in other users as needed to get work done.
You can find here the list of fixes related to the different Jive for Office releases.
|Version||Release Date||Release Notes|
|J4O 30.7.68||January 10, 2020|
- JVFINTG-3975 - If a synced Excel file is opened in Jive and edited in Microsoft Excel at the same time, the focus in the local file switches to another cell and the changes in the sheet name are discarded
- JVFINTG-3989 - Jive should download and update the client binaries only when the add-on is updated
- JVFINTG-5087 - Jive for Office client auto-update is not working for Jive for Office 30.7.65
- JVFINTG-3983 - Documents in Microsoft Excel via Jive for Office are getting disconnected from server intermittently
|Version||Release Date||Release Notes|
|J4O 30.7.67||September 2019|
- JCLDALL-930 - Users cannot login by using Jive for Office after migration to AWS
- JCLDALL-14710 - Jive for Office and Jive for Outlook versions are not updated correctly in Jive Extended APIs usage metrics
- JCLDALL-19793 - Test environment IP must be configurable for the Jive for Office add-on
- JCLDALL-20615 - Hard drive name must be configurable for the Jive for Office add-on
|J4O 30.7.66||Q2 2019|
- JVSINTG-2721 - In Jive groups, when an email from Outlook is converted to a discussion, the discussion is not tagged correctly
- JVSINTG-6993 - Jive for Office works if community certificate has only TLS 1.1 enabled
|J4O 30.7.65||Q1 2019|
- JVSINTG-2027 - Users can't edit or search password protected documents using Jive for Office
- JVSINTG-4347 - Create Office Document link isn't available under actions in a group integrated with O365
- JVSINTG-4400 - Need to confirm whether dynamic rendering is currently supported in J4O
- JVSINTG-4644 - Full Social Bar option overlays with the email's content in Windows 7/Win Server 2008 R2
- JVSINTG-6282 - Discussion is removed from J4O Streams when a comment is deleted
- JVSINTG-6327 - Jive For Office Plugin issues related to document editing with O365 setup
|J4O 30.7.63 - 30.7.64||October 2018|
- JVSINTG-389 - Some PowerPoint files fail to merge
- JVSINTG-1871 - An error message is shown while publishing a file after changing the file-format to ".doc"
- JVSINTG-1873 - The add-on installer attempts to terminate all MS Office applications even after a user clicks "Cancel" during the installation process
- JVSINTG-1874 - Users cannot see each other's name in the online collaborators' section for a document on AWS
- JVSINTG-2014 - The help link to the diagnostics tool/documentation is visible on the ribbon even after disabling it during installation
- JVSINTG-2229 - Issue in file upload
- JVSINTG-2390 - Only a non-member is allowed to be added as an author of a document while publishing the doc to the members-only group
- JVSINTG-3283 - An error message saying, "Your collaborator did not use Jive for Office" is shown while merging changes in Excel and PowerPoint
- JVSINTG-3481 - Reply to a comment in streams section appears only after refreshing the screen
- JVSINTG-4246 - Excel file size increases exponentially while being uploaded in Jive for Office 30.7.54 or 30.7.60
- JVSINTG-4825 - Cannot publish any document using the "Specific people" option
|J4O 30.7.61 - 30.7.62||September 2018|
- JVSINTG-4196 - Missing Vertical Scroll Bar
- JVSINTG-1871 - An error is thrown when publishing a file after changing 'Save files in this format:' option to '.doc'
- JVSINTG-389 - Some PowerPoint presentations fail to merge in the latest version
- JVSINTG-1873 - The Jive Package for Office/Outlook attempts to terminate Office applications when the installer is canceled
|J4O 30.7.60||July 2018|
- JVSINTG-2034 - Full access admin can't share another user's hidden document
- JVSINTG-1882 - Issue converting an email to a discussion
|J4O 30.7.49 - J4O 30.7.59||-|
- J4O-291 - Long filenames are trimmed when uploaded using Jive for Outlook
- J4O-289 - "Unsupported feature[Sheet Outline]" error in the "conflicts" tab when merging an Excel file - grouping rows/columns
- J4O-288 - Jive for Office do not work in MS Word
- J4O-286 - Clicking on a comment's timeline in the J4O does not display the comment in the webapp
- J4O-279 - The name field for space shows a HEX value
- J4O-277 - The "on behalf" field is displayed as blank when converting to a discussion from the draft folder
- J4O-274 - Documents opened in Jive for Office do not show the "Reserved" outcome
- J4O-257 - Commenting on Jview or Streams throws an error
- J4O-253 - New feature to add categories/tags to new/converted discussions in Jive for Outlook
- J4O-252 - Structured Outcomes > Participants missing on action item note
- J4O-242 - "Application.Windows" crashes on access violation when using MS Word v2013 or older
- J4O-235 - No empty field to insert tags in a new discussion using Outlook 2013
- J4O-234 - Outlook tab on the Social bar is not being populated
- J4O-232 - Enhancement to use TLS1.2 in case FedrampEnabled=TRUE or EnforceTLS12=TRUE
- J4O-224 - Hebrew comment in J4O is written from left to right and posted to Jive in the same way
- J4O-221 - Issue publishing Excel when the styles are applied to many cells
- J4O-220 - Excel crashes when merging a large formatted document
- J4O-217 - Jive for Office is increasing the file size exponentially
- J4O-216 - Hungarian Keyboard Support incorrectly deleting text in the text box for direct messages when inserting special characters
- J4O-206 - Enhancement to support "Boldon James Office Classifier" Addon in MS Excel
- J4O-202 - On Windows 10, when using Office/Outlook 2016, the "Close" button inside the "About dialog" is incorrectly aligned to the right
- J4O-100 - Uploading a large file using "Attach from Jive" throws a timeout error
- J4O-12 - The updates are not found when you merge and review the new document version
|J4O 30.7.48||Aug 17, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.43||Jul 10, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.24||May 8, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.11||Mar 10, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.10||Feb 17, 2017||Jive for Office/Outlook 30.7.10 (minor release)|
|J4O 30.7.7||Jan 24, 2017|
|J4O 30.7.0||Dec 2, 2016|
|J4O 30.6.0||Nov 17, 2016|
|J4O 30.5.15||Sep 28, 2016|
|J4O 30.5.0||May 6, 2016|
|J4O 30.4.1||Feb 26, 2016||Jive for Office Maintenance release 30.4.1|
|J4O 30.4.0||Jan 26, 2016||Jive for Office/Outlook Maintenance release 30.4.0|
|J4O 30.3.5||Sep 21. 2015|
- JENSO-6260 - Exceptions are thrown during merge under certain conditions
- JENSO-6964 - Documents open in "Read Only" view and cannot be updated to the server without saving locally first
- JENSO-7265 - Unable to search, view and set tags in Jive for Office for certain versions
- JENSO-7275 - If a customer has Office 64 bit installed, but no Outlook, the Jive for Office 3.2 installer fails to install ToolbarLoader64.dll, which makes the Jive For Office plugin unusable
- JENSO-7354 - Jive for Office unable to connect under certain network conditions
- JENSO-7362 - Under certain conditions, Jive for Office toolbar disappears
- JENSO-7404 - Installer isn't formatted correctly to be easily deployed in SCCM environments
|J4O 30.2||Jul 1, 2014|
- Merge issues in PowerPoint
- Updated the code signing certificate
- Improved caching mechanism
- Issues with Tags
- Added ability for replacing UI strings
|J4O 30.1||May 5, 2014|
- Macro security check issues
- Improved error handling for the user when fails to save the document before publishing
- Applied string changes for localization
- Issues with publishing and “Save as” before publishing
|J4O 30.0||Dec 24, 2013||Added support for Thai language and internationalization improvements.|
|J4O 2.5||Sep 3, 2013|
- Support for Office 2013 and Windows 8
- Redesigned Dashboard - This redesign was geared at making it even easier for you to focus on the most important information - the state of the document (published, pending, etc), the versions, other viewers/editors, description, and comments. All the rest of the document information is still just a click away.
- Streamlined Open flow - Open a document and you'll see how much easier and more intuitive it is. See all Recent Documents automatically, search for documents in specific Places, the Entire Community, Your Content, or Bookmarks, and sort documents by date within a group.
- Overhauled Publishing process - Now you can select if you want to publish this in a Place, hidden only to you, or visible to specific people or the entire community. And when you make it visible only to specific people, it will automatically make them editors on that document. You can also set the description (including @mentions!) categories and tags directly from the Publish prompt. And when publishing an update, you can choose to publish as a minor update and not send any notifications.
- External participant/content indicators - now you can easily see when the content you're looking at is externally accessible, or if the person who commented is an external participant
- Citrix support - we now fully support deployment in a Citrix shared workspace environment
- A myriad of customer-driven UX and UI improvements
Jive for Office is a commercial solution – an additional commercial add-on license is required to use the module. In order to take advantage of this solution, please contact your Jive sales representative.
You can check out a quick demo of Jive for Office here.
- Jive Cloud:
- Jive Hosted on Premise:
Version Compatibility Information
|J4O Version||Jive Version||Microsoft Applications|
|Jive for Office v30.5.0+||Jive 7.0+, Jive 8, Jive 9 and Jive Cloud|
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2016
- Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11+, Firefox, Chrome
|Jive for Office v30.4.1||Jive 7.0+, Jive 8 and Jive Cloud||Office 2007/2010/2013|
|Jive for Office v30.4.0||Jive 7.0+, Jive 8 and Jive Cloud||Office 2007/2010/2013|
|Jive for Office v30.3.5||Jive 7.0+, Jive 8 and Jive Cloud||Office 2007/2010/2013|
|Jive for Office v3.2|
Jive 7.0, Jive 8.0 and Jive Cloud
|Jive for Office v3.1|
Jive 7.0 and Jive Cloud
It is possible to use v3.1 to connect to a Jive 6 environment without getting the new features (Producteev, Streams, etc.) for bug fixes only.
|Jive for Office v3.0|
Jive 7.0 and Jive Cloud
It is possible to use v3.0 to connect to a Jive 6 environment without getting the new features (Producteev, Streams, etc.) for bug fixes only.
|Jive for Office v2.5||Jive 5.0.1+ (with eAPIs v18.104.22.168 and Office in Compatibility mode) and Jive 6.0.1+||Office 2003/2007/2010/2013|
|Jive for Office v2.1||Jive 5.0.1+ and Jive 6.0.1+||Office 2003/2007/2010|
|Jive for Office v2.0||Jive 4.5.6+, 5.0.1+ and Jive 6.0.0+||Office 2003/2007/2010|
Usage of this plugin relies on the installation of Extended APIs. For more information, please refer to the Extended APIs plugin download page.
|Extended APIs Version||J4O Client Plugin Version||J4O Client Build Number||J4O Client Build Number|
|22.214.171.124 , 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52|
|184.108.40.206 , 220.127.116.11 , 18.104.22.168||2.0||22.214.171.12456||11/15/2012|
If you need to manually download the Jive for Office client binaries, they can be found here: