Setting up your profile is the first step to becoming active in AureaWorks. Your user profile provides other community members with an easy way to learn about your experience, skills, and interests. Your profile shows up in search results when other members search for keywords contained in your profile. You can update your information at any time.
To set up your profile (once you've registered and logged into the community):
- Click on your avatar photo in the right side of the top navigation bar.
- Select Edit Profile from the pull-down menu.
- Click on the tabbed link for Your Profile.
- Fill in as much profile information as you like. Required fields are noted in red (required). Your profile will be found when people search, so if you have professional roles, expertise or interests that would be useful for others to know, be sure to include them as well.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Also available from profile menu are a few additional profile setup options.
Select Edit Profile to see the following options:
- Avatar & photos allows you to upload photos and avatars to your profile. Your photo is a great way for people to "meet" and recognize you in person. Your avatar is a small picture that appears next to your content, comments, and status updates to let community members quickly recognize you with a simple visual cue. We recommend loading a photo of yourself for both images, however, this is not required. Be sure to click Finished at the bottom in order to save avatar and photo updates.
- Privacy allows you to edit your profile and change your privacy settings. Privacy settings control how different types of users see your profile and we urge new members to keep their privacy set at Registered Users, which means only people who have completed registration can view your name. Here is a list of the different privacy options:
- Everyone -- That means even people who are not AureaWorks members can see your name.
- Registered users -- Only other people who are registered in AureaWorks and logged in can see your name
- Connections -- Only the people that follow you and that you have followed in return can see your name.
- Be sure to click Save at the bottom in order to save Privacy changes.
Note to Aurea customers: In order for Aurea to adequately support you, particularly for Jive platform users in your MyJive Secret Support Group, we recommend your profile name, (work) location, company name, and email have privacy settings set to Registered Users.